Agents of the Twelve

Assignment 2: Warehouse Rescue

Twelve days have passed since the team’s first assignment, and they have been summoned to meet Tomai again in the back room of Alloran’s. The summons came not like last time, when they were given a day’s notice, but in the form of a messenger, demanding they get there within half an hour.

When they arrive at Alloran’s, Tomau is standing, leaning on the back of a chair. He nods as the team enters, not bothering with small talk, getting straight to business. “This is against my better judgement, but I don’t have many choices. All other teams are busy, and we have an urgent need.” He passes out sheets of parchment, with a picture of an grizzled and scarred orc. “This is Urdan. He has been an agent of ours for almost a decade. He was deep undercover in the ranks of an organisation of interest. Just under two hours ago, we received a magical communication saying he was in danger, and needed immediate assistance. Divinations have revealed a location, a large warehouse in the lower city, but we have been unable to find out anything more. Direct assault is not only far too visible, but also suicide. We know the place to hold a guard numbering the dozens, at least some skilled warriors and mages.”

Darrin is silent as he studies the picture. He is still feeling a little off – his summons came while he was entertaining himself at a local tavern. Gitto is the first to speak. “Hmmm. Does not sound like a mission I shall do well in” Axis asks the first question. “Would you say that they were more powerful than any one of us?” "We believe that they are mostly not all that skilled. Tomai replies. "There are, however, likely a few individuals who would be more powerful, individually, than any one of you. Axis nods, the very human gesture a little odd with his inhuman face. “Do you have a map of the location?” “The interior of the warehouse?” Tomai asks “No.”

There is an uncomfortable pause. “Sneaking around might not be a specialty off all of us.” Darrin says. “I understand that stealth is not your collective forte. You will be given magical assistance in that area.” Axis is unconvinced. “If you have divinations which actually reveal things, those who cast said divinations might be better off going and rescuing the man; we can’t even identify a carpet’s activation words.” Tomai sighs. “Our diviners are not field agents. You are.”

“What can you tell us about the organization?” Sil asks. Darrin nods in agreement with the question. “Yes, what information can you give us ahead of time about these people we are facing?” "Not as much as I would like to. Tomai answers. “They are primarily criminals, smugglers and the like. My superiors suspected they might be involved with more, but I do not know specifics.”

“Do you have any suggestions for cover identities?” Sil asks. “Do you have them ready?” Axis furthers. Tomai shakes his head. “Cover identities would take too long. You will be infiltrating the warehouse, not the organisation.”

“To aid you in this, I have been authorised to lend you these” He takes out a pouch, emptying six rings of varying degrees of ornamentation. “These are rings of invisibility.” Darrin looks for the least flashy of the rings, a plain golden band. “This should help” Sil picks one of the flashier ones up and nods. “The extra one is for the orc, then?” Tomai nods. “Correct”

Darrin nods his head along. “Is there anywhere we need to escort this man too? Or just assure he is safe?”

[Tue Sep 18 20:29:57 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin:
[Tue Sep 18 20:31:15 2007] : * (814)
[Tue Sep 18 20:31:24 2007] : (812) Axis: “We’re rather loud…Any chance of a spell of total silence?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:31:36 2007] : (803) Sil:
[Tue Sep 18 20:31:47 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “Unfortunately, I do not have any of those.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:31:57 2007] : *
(805) Tomai ir’Fallin nods. . *
[Tue Sep 18 20:32:35 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Well… let us get on with it.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:35:00 2007] : *
(805) Tomai ir’Fallin nods. “Good. You have my gratitude. There is a House Jorasco enclave in the Dragon Towers. Return him there, alive or dead, and you will be paid five hundred gold, each.” *
[Tue Sep 18 20:35:34 2007] : (803) Sil: “Alive or dead? Then our mission is primarily to ensure our involvment is not discovered.” Sil sounds pleased at this.
[Tue Sep 18 20:36:10 2007] : *
(814) Darrin thinks to himself, a dead member of House Jorasco sounds nice. *
[Tue Sep 18 20:36:18 2007] : (802) Gitto: “As usual”
[Tue Sep 18 20:36:49 2007] : (812) Axis: ((Axis thinks to Darrin, “Not if you want to get healed!”))
[Tue Sep 18 20:37:01 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “Urdan’s value to the Twelve cannot be overestated. We have arrangements with Jorasco for his return to health.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:37:29 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe… That’s why he does not say it aloud! lol))
[Tue Sep 18 20:37:32 2007] : (812) Axis: "What skills does he have?
[Tue Sep 18 20:37:52 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “Many.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:37:54 2007] : (814) Darrin: "Then we will secure his return, and make sure our involvement is unknown… "
[Tue Sep 18 20:38:25 2007] : (803) Sil: “Excellent then. Anyone else have any queries?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:38:25 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “Correct. If at all possible, leave no witnesses. Certainly, make no mention of the Twelve or the Houses.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:38:35 2007] : (802) Gitto: “None”
[Tue Sep 18 20:38:57 2007] : (812) Axis: “What skills does he have that will aid us in getting out of there with him still alive?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:39:23 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Does it matter?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:39:41 2007] : (802) Gitto: “He will use them if he wants to survive.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:39:52 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “He can handle himself in combat, if that is what you are asking. Still, you should not rely on his ability to fight – he may be dead, injured or otherwise disabled.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:39:59 2007] : (812) Axis: “The raising of one who has died is rather expensive. I would prefer not to incur that cost.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:40:35 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil looks over at Axis, a question on his face. “Why would we pay?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:40:48 2007] : (812) Axis: “We wouldn’t, but someone will.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:41:35 2007] : (803) Sil: “Ah. Then do not worry – we will not kill him, and shall attempt to leave with him alive. Dragons know a live body is easier to move than a dead one.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:41:57 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “This is what the goodwill fund exists for. Do not worry about the cost.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:42:19 2007] : *
(805) Tomai ir’Fallin straightens up. “Now, time is of the essence. There is a skycoach waiting for you on the balcony beside the cafe upstairs. The captain is one of our agents, and will wait for your return for up to four hours. After this, he will leave.” *
[Tue Sep 18 20:42:32 2007] : (812) Axis: “Right, then…let’s get moving before this guy gets any closer to death.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:42:40 2007] : *
(814) Darrin nods “We should be back in time…” *
[Tue Sep 18 20:42:51 2007] : (803) Sil: “And before the criminals can interrogate him further.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:43:06 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “Oh, the activation word for the rings is ‘gone’. Say this, and you will be rendered invisible.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:43:29 2007] : (812) Axis: “Ahem…Gone.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:43:31 2007] : (803) Sil: “Is the invisibility continuous, or does it have a time limit?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:44:54 2007] : (805) Tomai ir’Fallin: “Each activation will last for five minutes, or until you break the spell. Each ring has six activations remaining.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:45:20 2007] : (803) Sil: “Excellent – Lets not waste them.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:45:36 2007] : *
(812) Axis , invisible, says, “You should…probably have said something about that before…” *
[Tue Sep 18 20:46:11 2007] : *
(805) Tomai ir’Fallin closes his eyes for a moment. “Just go.” *
[Tue Sep 18 20:46:15 2007] : *
(814) Darrin chuckles as Axis using one of the uses.. and thinks about how he alsmost did too *
[Tue Sep 18 20:46:17 2007] : (802) Gitto: : )
[Tue Sep 18 20:46:28 2007] : *
(814) Darrin nods to Tomai as he raises to leave *
[Tue Sep 18 20:46:36 2007] : *
(802) Gitto is eager to take on their next mission… *
[Tue Sep 18 20:46:53 2007] : (803) Sil: As he walks out, Sil speaks quietly to the invisible man. “You should not have been so quick to the chase, poor Axis. Think on the consequences of your actions next time.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:47:22 2007] : (802) Gitto: He takes his ring and puts it on and prepares to leave.
[Tue Sep 18 20:47:54 2007] : *
(814) Darrin stands at the door, with his ring on. “Lets be moving…” he says to the group. *
[Tue Sep 18 20:48:24 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe we jsut astarted and I am ready to read the re-write aready))
[Tue Sep 18 20:48:50 2007] : *
(812) Axis smacks Sil in the back of the head as he passes, losing his invisibility. *
[Tue Sep 18 20:49:34 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil, his ring on his finger and the orc’s in one of his belt pockets, rubs the back of his head, his jaw hanging open in a Warforged smile as he looks over at Axis.
[Tue Sep 18 20:50:06 2007] : (805) DM: The skycoach is a small boat, with room for about a dozen people. It has a deck, and a doorway to beneath it, where it is safe to assume a cargo hold lies. The captain is an aging human, perhaps in his late fifties. As the team walks onto the balcony, he looks up at them. “Good, you’re here.” he says. “Let’s go”.
[Tue Sep 18 20:50:28 2007] : (803) Sil: ((by the way, in case you haven’t realized it yet… Sil likes the shinies. Hence why he’s now carrying Urks or whatever his name is’s ring and chose the gaudiest for himself, not to mention still keeping the magic carpet close by))
[Tue Sep 18 20:50:29 2007] : (812) Axis: "What’s up with you and possession of magical items, anyway? First you obsess over the carpet, then you grab the orc’s extra ring.
[Tue Sep 18 20:50:47 2007] : (812) Axis: ((Wow. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!))
[Tue Sep 18 20:50:57 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Axis is psychic!!!))
[Tue Sep 18 20:52:04 2007] : (802) Gitto: “You should give the Orc the ring you’ve taken an charge out of”
[Tue Sep 18 20:52:22 2007] : (814) Darrin: “They are items of great value… He obviously is concerned over their value….” Darrin says as Axis talks to Sil. and laughes as Gitto makes his suggestion
[Tue Sep 18 20:52:24 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil glances down at his ring, his left hand touching the carpet now connected to his backpack by rope. Affecting an upper-class Sharn accent, he speaks. “I simply enjoy the finer pleasures in life, my friend. Perhaps you should try them sometime, yes?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:52:33 2007] : (802) Gitto: “by the time we get there… we will have used more charges most likely and he will only need enough charges to escape.. not infiltrate like us.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:52:54 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil nods. “That is not an unbad suggestion. Here, Axis – a trade?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:53:23 2007] : (803) Sil: ((er, that is an unbad suggestion, not is not an unbad suggestion))
[Tue Sep 18 20:53:32 2007] : (803) Sil: ((PS: go triple-negatives!))
[Tue Sep 18 20:54:33 2007] : (812) Axis: Axis slips the ring off his finger and tosses it to the ‘forged. “Sure.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:55:03 2007] : (805) DM: The boat travels down to the lower city, probably the nastiest place in Sharn not filled with goblins. The towers have few windows, and those that do exist are smeared with grime. There are even fewer bridges, each tower seperate from its neighbours, in stark contrast to the higher levels, where they form a web of bridges and balconies.
[Tue Sep 18 20:55:39 2007] : (802) Gitto: “This place is worse than the last locale.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:55:56 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Likely we might get accosted for a few coins down here.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:56:34 2007] : (805) DM: Down beneath them, they can see the bases, thousands of feet wide, that reach up to the city’s canopy, now gone from view.
[Tue Sep 18 20:57:31 2007] : (805) DM: There is not much movement – every now and then, a person walks over one of the bridges, but the place seems almost deserted from the outside.
[Tue Sep 18 20:57:36 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil hands the orc’s ring over to Axis even as he watches the ride through this most unwelcome area of Sharn.
[Tue Sep 18 20:57:39 2007] : (814) Darrin: “Thi part of the city is not as.. nice.. as we are accustomed too. But it has it’s charms”
[Tue Sep 18 20:59:03 2007] : (803) Sil: “Such as plenty of places to get ones drink on, eh Darrin? Are you sure you’ve sobered up enough for an insertion such as this?”
[Tue Sep 18 20:59:24 2007] : (805) DM: The boat pulls into a dock, empty as the rest of the place. With a nervous glance around, the captain motions for them to disembark. “Alright, get going. But don’t linger, alright? This isn’t an area I like to hang around in.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:59:52 2007] : (805) DM: He points to a large doorway next to another dock. “That’s your target.”
[Tue Sep 18 20:59:58 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Sure. thanks”
[Tue Sep 18 21:00:35 2007] : (814) Darrin: “We won’t be long” darrins says as he leaves the ship
[Tue Sep 18 21:00:51 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil nods as he hops out of the boat. “So, how do you want to do this? The slow, methodical approach, or the quick grab?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:01:43 2007] : *
(814) Darrin turns to Sil, Slow and methodical.. we are not too trace them back to us or the House. *
[Tue Sep 18 21:02:14 2007] : (805) DM: The door is massive, easily ten foot tall. It is apparently unguarded. Above it, perhaps twelve feet from the ground, is a window, round and maybe two feet across.
[Tue Sep 18 21:02:19 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Quiet at first and then the quick grab seems best. I cannot imagine that I’ll remain unheard for too long.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:02:35 2007] : *
No match found
[Tue Sep 18 21:02:36 2007] : * No match found
[Tue Sep 18 21:03:20 2007] : (803) Sil: “True – but it would be so much nicer to leave quickly. Very well, let’s try to do this the silent way. We should scout the area – who among us is the most stealthy?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:30 2007] : (805) DM: ((Hold on folks, I seem to be experiencing technical difficulties))
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:35 2007] : (814) Darrin: “I have some training in that department” darrin says ((6))
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:41 2007] : (805) tic (exit): 21:04
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:41 2007] : (805) tic (enter): 21:04
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:42 2007] : (805) tic (exit): 21:04
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:42 2007] : (805) tic (enter): 21:04
[Tue Sep 18 21:04:45 2007] : (803) Sil: ((suckage, tic))
[Tue Sep 18 21:05:02 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (805) tic…
[Tue Sep 18 21:05:02 2007] : (805) DM: Disconnecting from server…
[Tue Sep 18 21:05:02 2007] : (805) tic (exit): 21:05
[Tue Sep 18 21:05:16 2007] : (803) Sil: ((well, that didn’t seem to work))
[Tue Sep 18 21:06:44 2007] : (842) tic (enter): 21:06
[Tue Sep 18 21:07:22 2007] : (842) DM: ((Bahh. Ok, can someone give me everything that happened since last I posted?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:07:57 2007] : (842) DM: ((My Internet decided to play sillybuggers))
[Tue Sep 18 21:07:58 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((we waited))
[Tue Sep 18 21:08:23 2007] : (814) Darrin: “I have some training in that department” darrin says ((
6))
[Tue Sep 18 21:09:46 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil nods. “Excellent. Anyone else? I’m not much use at sneaking about, I’m afraid” (only a +0, due to the armor check penalty)
[Tue Sep 18 21:10:25 2007] : (842) DM: ((No, I missed something. Since last I posted about the door, not the message about tech. difficulties?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:10:42 2007] : (803) Sil: The rubble blocking corridor from corridor is dug away, and all survivors – numbering no more than fifty at this point – are brought together
[Tue Sep 18 21:10:54 2007] : (803) Sil: ((woops – not what I meant to paste))
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:02 2007] : (803) Sil: Gitto: “Quiet at first and then the quick grab seems best. I cannot imagine that I’ll remain unheard for too long.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:09 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil: “True – but it would be so much nicer to leave quickly. Very well, let’s try to do this the silent way. We should scout the area – who among us is the most stealthy?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:11 2007] : (803) Sil: And that’s it
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:19 2007] : (842) DM: ((Ok, thanks))
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:23 2007] : (802) Gitto: (im in the negatives…)
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:42 2007] : (802) Gitto: -4
[Tue Sep 18 21:11:47 2007] : (803) Sil: ((ouchies))
[Tue Sep 18 21:12:05 2007] : (802) Gitto: “I should hang back while the more agile go forward.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:12:11 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil, noting nobody else speaking up, looks over at Darrin and nods. “It looks like you will be our scout.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:12:20 2007] : (814) Darrin: “Then I will scout a bit first…” darrin says.. “Does anyoen see a way in besides the door here?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:12:44 2007] : (803) Sil: “The window above it, of course.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:12:51 2007] : (803) Sil: “But getting to it may be a problem.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:13:49 2007] : (846) Valuk (enter): 21:13
[Tue Sep 18 21:14:04 2007] : *
(814) Darrin nods, “I am not the best climber.. Gitto, can you raise me above your head?” darrins says rememberign that some warforged are very strong *
[Tue Sep 18 21:14:18 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil looks closer. “Then again, it is only two people high. Gitto, do you think you could throw him at it?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:14:45 2007] : *
(814) Darrin flashes a look at Sil, Raise would be better then throwing.. throwing is rather.. loud…" *
[Tue Sep 18 21:15:06 2007] : (802) Gitto: “sure”
[Tue Sep 18 21:15:14 2007] : (802) Gitto: “just start climbing and I’ll help”
[Tue Sep 18 21:15:44 2007] : (814) Darrin: Takign his tool out of his belt pouch, Darrin nods to Gitto, “Then lets do this…”
[Tue Sep 18 21:15:47 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil drops his jaw again. “True, but it would be so much more entertaining to watch you fly through the air. Still, pushing him up would probably be best.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:16:04 2007] : *
(814) Darrin starst to climb the wall, towards the window. *
[Tue Sep 18 21:16:09 2007] : *
(802) Gitto stretches himself out into a humanoid shaped ladder *
[Tue Sep 18 21:16:17 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20-1] => [18,-1] = (17)
[Tue Sep 18 21:16:24 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe a decent check!))
[Tue Sep 18 21:16:35 2007] : (802) Gitto: and lifts when appropriate
[Tue Sep 18 21:17:17 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil looks around. “Does anyone have a rope they could toss Darrin so he can tie it off in the window?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:17:41 2007] : (842) DM: ((How tall’s Gitto?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:17:48 2007] : (842) DM: ((And Darrin, for that matter))
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:07 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((12 ft! lol… 5’6" ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:08 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((looks like I put down 5’ 5"
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:21 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((haha! were both short!))
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:26 2007] : (802) Gitto: (changing it to 7’ 5" as we speak)
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:27 2007] : (802) Gitto: : )
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:34 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((then I’ll change it back….))
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:40 2007] : (802) Gitto: : P
[Tue Sep 18 21:18:45 2007] : (842) DM: Standing on Gitto’s shoulders, Darrin doesn’t even need to stretch much to reach the window ledge.
[Tue Sep 18 21:19:15 2007] : (842) DM: He heaves himself up onto the eight-inch ledge, balancing carefully up there.
[Tue Sep 18 21:19:19 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Jeeze, that means Sil’s almost a foot taller than Gitto))
[Tue Sep 18 21:19:35 2007] : (814) Darrin: Standing on gitto, darrin says he words “Gone” as he disappears.
[Tue Sep 18 21:19:39 2007] : (842) DM: The window is fairly thick, perhaps half an inch of glass.
[Tue Sep 18 21:19:49 2007] : (842) DM: ((Oh, wait, scratch that))
[Tue Sep 18 21:19:57 2007] : (842) DM: ((Sorry, thinking wrong thing. No glass, empty space))
[Tue Sep 18 21:20:16 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((the window is open then? ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:20:28 2007] : (842) DM: ((Aye. Just a two-foot hole))
[Tue Sep 18 21:20:55 2007] : (814) Darrin: Now on the lefdge, Darrin peers into the two foot hole to see anything and possibly hear anything from the inside.
[Tue Sep 18 21:21:07 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20-1] => [7,-1] = (6)
[Tue Sep 18 21:21:12 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Sep 18 21:21:20 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Spot/Listen))
[Tue Sep 18 21:21:40 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Doh, how did I overlook points in spot.. i know what I am getting next level…))
[Tue Sep 18 21:22:30 2007] : (842) DM: The room appears to be some sort of office. A battered desk takes up most of the small room. The only other furniture is a chair and a cabinet or cupboard of some sort. The door leading out is closed, and apparently locked.
[Tue Sep 18 21:23:13 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((how far down from the window is the room in the office.. Does the door to the outside lead into the office?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:23:53 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Or is this a 2nd lfloor office))
[Tue Sep 18 21:24:01 2007] : (842) DM: The window is about four feet from the office floor.
[Tue Sep 18 21:24:15 2007] : (842) DM: ((Aye, second story))
[Tue Sep 18 21:24:59 2007] : (814) Darrin: Darrin relays the information to the rest of the group. “We should enter here.. Does anyone havea rope?” he says
[Tue Sep 18 21:25:43 2007] : (802) Gitto: “I am not sure I will fit thru that”
[Tue Sep 18 21:25:52 2007] : (802) Gitto: “I am not very… compressible”
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:05 2007] : (842) DM: ((Can everyone see the picture there? Easier than explaining, I think))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:09 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((can the window be opened more?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:12 2007] : (803) Sil: ((yes))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:13 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Yes))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:22 2007] : (803) Sil: ((probably by knocking out the wall))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:32 2007] : (842) DM: ((Not unless you count knocking the wall out as “opening”))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:42 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe.. maybe!))
[Tue Sep 18 21:26:58 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Perhaps the door is more easily opened from the inside”
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:07 2007] : (803) Sil: “And perhaps it’s unlocked”
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:23 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Making a hasty escape will be easier thru the door as well”
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:24 2007] : (814) Darrin: Darrin “ok, i will socout a bit more…” he says as he slips into the room and makes his way to the door, quietly attempting to open the lock on it.
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:34 2007] : (802) Gitto: “well it might have a bell or alarm on it”
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:46 2007] : (802) Gitto: “better to see if it does from the inside”
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:55 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:58 2007] : (803) Sil: "But it also almost definitely leads to a place where our enemies may lie, and hence it would be a bad idea to open it
[Tue Sep 18 21:27:59 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+10] => [9,10] = (19)
[Tue Sep 18 21:28:17 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((move silent/openlock for the door inside the room))
[Tue Sep 18 21:28:40 2007] : (842) DM: The lock pops open with a quiet click.
[Tue Sep 18 21:28:43 2007] : (803) Sil: ((note – I was talking about the front door, not the office door, as I was talkin’ about getting Gitto into the warehouse))
[Tue Sep 18 21:29:12 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((yeah, darrin will coem abck for that one.. he wanted to scout out the top for a bit more))
[Tue Sep 18 21:31:25 2007] : (842) DM: Pushing the door open slightly, Darrin peers out. The door leads to a raised platform, a walkway that extends around the warehouse space. Beneath the platform is what seems to be the warehouse itself, a massive space filled with crates, barrels and boxes. About twenty humans, and a few dwarves toil, carrying the stuff about or repacking it.
[Tue Sep 18 21:32:43 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe that’s what I was thinking.. but eww, 20 men i nte middle! ouch))
[Tue Sep 18 21:32:56 2007] : (842) DM: The platform leads to other doors, Darrin can see four from his current position.
[Tue Sep 18 21:33:28 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((max bluff ranks would be nice “Special Delivery… who wants to sign?”))
[Tue Sep 18 21:33:58 2007] : (842) DM: ((If only we had a warlock with the 6 bluff invoc…))
[Tue Sep 18 21:34:04 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Darrin’s got our best bluff bits)
[Tue Sep 18 21:34:08 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe darrin has +15.. nto a bad idea.. Sil si good too.. could give Darrin more tiem to search around!))
[Tue Sep 18 21:34:32 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((need to level to get poitns in typing!))
[Tue Sep 18 21:34:48 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((“What is this… that construct you ordered”))
[Tue Sep 18 21:35:33 2007] : (803) Sil: ((I’m surprised nobody bought rope:/ /me makes note to get it and other standards of adventuring on next downtime))
[Tue Sep 18 21:35:35 2007] : (814) Darrin: Still hidden, Darrin slowly clsoes the door and makes his way ot the closest door as asilently as he can and listens for any signs of people inside…
[Tue Sep 18 21:35:45 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20
6] => [15,6] = (21)
[Tue Sep 18 21:35:48 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
[Tue Sep 18 21:35:58 2007] : (842) DM: ((Did you use the ring?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:36:00 2007] : (812) Axis: (We’re supposed to be supplied with stuff…Is Rope included?)
[Tue Sep 18 21:36:01 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Move Silent / Listen))
[Tue Sep 18 21:36:28 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((if you want, use those rolsl to ahve him go to all 4 doors and listen then come abck to safe room))
[Tue Sep 18 21:37:11 2007] : (842) DM: ((Rope would be something the Twelve would supply you with, yes. You’d not take everything they’d supply you with at once, though. Still, if you’d’ve picked up some rope, I’d be ok with that))
[Tue Sep 18 21:37:24 2007] : (842) DM: ((So you did use the ring?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:37:35 2007] : (803) Sil: ((he used it when he first entered the window))
[Tue Sep 18 21:37:58 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((yes, I did.. Figure it should be enough to get me around and back befoer failing… I hope! ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:37:59 2007] : (842) DM: ((Ahh, right))
[Tue Sep 18 21:38:31 2007] : (846) Valuk (exit): 21:38
[Tue Sep 18 21:39:28 2007] : (842) DM: Creeing to each door, Darrin listens carefully for noises within. From the first, there is silence. From the next the sound of low voices, from the sounds of them, male. From the third, silence. From the fourth is more voices, but he can’t pick if they’re male or female.
[Tue Sep 18 21:39:32 2007] : (842) DM: *Creeping
[Tue Sep 18 21:41:04 2007] : (814) Darrin: makign his way back into the safe room, Darrin sticks his head out the window a bit and down to the rest of the group. He explains the set up of the room, the 20 men and dwarfs and h eexplains about the location fo the rtwo rooms with voices in them.. “A lot of men in here…” he says softly out the window…
[Tue Sep 18 21:41:18 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Ring has worn off by now i am sure ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:41:38 2007] : (842) DM: ((Five minutes? Naw, I figure you’d have gone through 2-3))
[Tue Sep 18 21:41:44 2007] : (803) Sil: “Can you tell what they’re packing? Did you notice any weapons?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:41:54 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((did darrin hear any names in the either room?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:42:06 2007] : (802) Gitto: “what about finding the guy and sneaking back with him?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:42:15 2007] : (842) DM: ((Ahh.. hang on.))
[Tue Sep 18 21:42:25 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe ok))
[Tue Sep 18 21:42:46 2007] : (842) DM: ((Nope. he heard talking, no words))
[Tue Sep 18 21:43:31 2007] : (842) DM: ((Hmm… I stuffed up the map a tad))
[Tue Sep 18 21:43:51 2007] : (814) Darrin: “I did not notices weapons, they seem to be workers…” Darrin says.. "But that does not mean they do not have them available in there…. As for sneaking out with the man, I can check the silent trooms for him.. but if I enter the rooms with talking, I will be foudn out for sure…))
[Tue Sep 18 21:44:47 2007] : (803) Sil: “Is the inside of the warehouse wood or stone?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:44:55 2007] : (802) Gitto: “take an exta ring?”
[Tue Sep 18 21:45:36 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil slips the extra ring out of his pocket and approaches the window, ready to throw it up, but waiting for Darrin’s answer to his question.
[Tue Sep 18 21:45:44 2007] : (842) DM: ((Walls are stone, platform is metal))
[Tue Sep 18 21:45:56 2007] : (803) Sil: ((crates and boxes are wood, I presume?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:46:10 2007] : (814) Darrin: “The walsl are stone, and the 2nd floor is made of metal…” Darrin says as he readies for the ring.
[Tue Sep 18 21:46:42 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil tosses the ring up at Darrin. “Check the silent rooms, but if they’re empty hurry back.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:47:33 2007] : (803) Sil: Looking to the rest of the group, Sil closes his eyes and begins thinking out loud.
[Tue Sep 18 21:47:54 2007] : *
(814) Darrin “I will return soon” he says as he palces the second ring on his other finger and makes way towards the door. “Gone” he says as he slides out hsi door and makes his way to the first silent room… *
[Tue Sep 18 21:48:00 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+6] => [12,6] = (18)
[Tue Sep 18 21:48:06 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+10] => [18,10] = (28)
[Tue Sep 18 21:48:18 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Move Silent / Open Lock))
[Tue Sep 18 21:49:35 2007] : (803) Sil: “If we could set a fire in there, we might be able to convince the majority of the workers to leave.”
[Tue Sep 18 21:50:36 2007] : (842) DM: The lock clicks open, and Darrin pushes the door open slowly, revealing what seems to be a small armoury. Row after row of spears – not the finest quality, but serviceable – and crossbows fill the small room, perhaps twenty of each. Two crates marked “bolts” sit beside the crossbows.
[Tue Sep 18 21:50:43 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Ohh good idea!! Send it telepathically to Darrin! hehe))
[Tue Sep 18 21:51:35 2007] : (814) Darrin: NOt seeing his target, darrin clsoes the door, ((COuld he use disable device to perm. lock the door?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:52:00 2007] : (842) DM: ((Umm… Probably not.))
[Tue Sep 18 21:52:01 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((aka. break the lock in the locked position))
[Tue Sep 18 21:52:15 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((ok))
[Tue Sep 18 21:52:55 2007] : (812) Axis: (…Well…if you say so. Back, by the way.)
[Tue Sep 18 21:53:07 2007] : (803) Sil: ((hmm… not a bad idea – next time Darrin pops out, I’m casting Message on him))
[Tue Sep 18 21:53:33 2007] : (842) DM: ((Oh, bugger, you can and all…))
[Tue Sep 18 21:53:45 2007] : (814) Darrin: With the door closed again, Darrin makes his way to the second quiet room, Pausing ot listen to and sounds as he crosses past the room with the male voices..
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:01 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe if I can, he does… ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:05 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+6] => [6,6] = (12)
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:10 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d100+10] => [46,10] = (56)
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:12 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+10] => [20,10] = (30)
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:18 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:23 2007] : (842) DM: ((d100?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:27 2007] : (803) Sil: ((eh?))
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:36 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Move silent / Open Lock / Listen / Ignore the d100 ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:54:52 2007] : (814) Darrin: (( it was an accendent.. ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:56:32 2007] : (842) DM: Pausing to listen to the conversation, he catches a few words. “Dunno. Hanault said…” and “What if he doesn’t crack?” but can’t get any more.
[Tue Sep 18 21:57:57 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((nervous.. a 12 is not that silent… ))
[Tue Sep 18 21:59:29 2007] : (842) DM: Walking to the next door, Darrin puts his weight in the wrong place, and the metal creaks a bit. There is a moment of fear, but no one seems to have noticed. The next door is not locked. Opening it, Darrin finds a stairway leading to the lower level.
[Tue Sep 18 22:00:55 2007] : (814) Darrin: NOt finding any signs of the Orc, and his time runnign low, Darrin makes his way back towards the safe room, closing the door behind him…
[Tue Sep 18 22:01:05 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+6] => [17,6] = (23)
[Tue Sep 18 22:01:10 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((move silent))
[Tue Sep 18 22:01:42 2007] : *
(814) Darrin sticks his head out the window again… “The is not in any of the silent rooms. one is an armoury and the other containes the stairs to the lower level….” *
[Tue Sep 18 22:01:57 2007] : (842) DM: Darrin creeps back to the office, clicking the door shut just a few seconds before he pops back into view.
[Tue Sep 18 22:02:22 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((The was meant to be “He”))
[Tue Sep 18 22:03:01 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil casts a spell, one hand pointing towards Darrin the other towards Gitto.
[Tue Sep 18 22:03:20 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Message, now we can communicate semi-telapathically over range))
[Tue Sep 18 22:04:07 2007] : (814) Darrin: “Good Idea” Darrin whispers and send to Sil… “Any suggestions?”
[Tue Sep 18 22:04:43 2007] : (803) Sil: Whispering, Sil speaks just lound enough for those near him to hear – however, Darrin can hear him just fine. “If we set a fire on those wooden crates and boxes, we may be able to drive the workers out of the warehouse.”
[Tue Sep 18 22:06:10 2007] : *
(814) Darrin nods to himself… “A good idea… I have flint and steel with me… I will set fire to the armoury… Or shoudl I sneak to the bottom floor? near the people?” *
[Tue Sep 18 22:06:45 2007] : (803) Sil: “The bottom floor would be more risky, but much more likely to force everyone to leave.”
[Tue Sep 18 22:07:17 2007] : (803) Sil: “If you set fire to the armory, you should be able to toss some of the flaming bits and pieces down onto the main floor, however.”
[Tue Sep 18 22:07:42 2007] : (803) Sil: “We will stay out of t he warehouse and out of sight while the workers evacuate”
[Tue Sep 18 22:09:22 2007] : (814) Darrin: “Ok…” darrin sends from the bond as he looks aroudn the safe room for something that he can use for kindling.
[Tue Sep 18 22:09:53 2007] : (842) DM: The desk is strewn with papers.
[Tue Sep 18 22:10:03 2007] : (803) Sil: ((check the papers for information first!))
[Tue Sep 18 22:10:32 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil motions for everyone to stay back from the warehouse.
[Tue Sep 18 22:10:33 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Yep))
[Tue Sep 18 22:10:37 2007] : (842) DM: They seem to be mostly receipts and orders for various shipments.
[Tue Sep 18 22:11:06 2007] : (803) Sil: ((assuming we’re keeping in touch throught he bond))
[Tue Sep 18 22:11:39 2007] : (814) Darrin: Grabbing the papers, Darrin says “Gone” for the thrid tiem as he leaves from the safe room, to the armoury (good thing you didnt let me break the lock! lol))
[Tue Sep 18 22:11:42 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+6] => [4,6] = (10)
[Tue Sep 18 22:11:48 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((move silent! doh))
[Tue Sep 18 22:12:52 2007] : (803) Sil: ((you should just take ten, Dar))
[Tue Sep 18 22:13:22 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((yeah, i should! point taken… :-) ))
[Tue Sep 18 22:13:37 2007] : (842) DM: As Darrin scurries towards the armoury, he hits another weak spot. The metal creaks, a loud noise in the fairly subdued warehouse. The warehouse floor pauses for a moment as the workers look up, then return to work.
[Tue Sep 18 22:13:45 2007] : (842) DM: Unfortunately, they were not the only ones who heard it.
[Tue Sep 18 22:14:02 2007] : (803) Sil: ((aw craps))
[Tue Sep 18 22:14:38 2007] : (842) DM: The door that Darrin heard male voices behind unlocks and opens. A human and an incredibly ugly half-orc – perhaps more three-quarter orc, from his appearance – stride out, looking about for the source of the noise.
[Tue Sep 18 22:16:16 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((did the orc coem out before or after darrin entered the room? if before darrin will not open he door and try to wait the orc out… ohh and it isn t the orc we cwant is it?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:16:27 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((I mean entered the armoury))
[Tue Sep 18 22:16:35 2007] : (842) DM: ((Before.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:13 2007] : (812) Axis: ((Did I get DCed?)
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:15 2007] : (803) Sil: ((I so wish I could cast a spell into there:/))
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:26 2007] : (842) DM: ((Not that I saw, Sith))
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:34 2007] : (814) Darrin: As the orc looks around, Darrin tries to stay as quiet and motionless as possible.. “Hopefully he will dgo back inside” he thinks to himself as he tries to peer inside without moving
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:42 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20-1] => [3,-1] = (2)
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:44 2007] : (812) Sithobi1 (exit): 22:17
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:52 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hehe didnt think i’d see anything.. but a try…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:17:52 2007] : (860) Sithobi1 (enter): 22:17
[Tue Sep 18 22:18:07 2007] : (842) DM: The room looks to be another office, much like the one Darrin just came from.
[Tue Sep 18 22:18:10 2007] : (803) Sil: ((ah, that was a spot check – here I was hoping it wasn’t a Move Silent))
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:07 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((thankfully not…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:14 2007] : (860) Axis: ((I think I missed quite a bit.)
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:22 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((hopefulyl the orc goes back inside before the spell wares off))
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:23 2007] : (842) DM: ((Hold on, sending you a log))
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:33 2007] : (803) Sil: ((we’re in the middle of trying to set fire to the warehouse)
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:33 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Darrin is goign to try and start a fire Axis…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:19:50 2007] : (803) Sil: ((my brilliant idea, if I say so myself))
[Tue Sep 18 22:20:19 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((you did.. hehe it was a great idea…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:20:50 2007] : (842) DM: The human calls to the workers. “What was that?” None of them reply, and the man glares at them for a long moment. “Get back to work, you lazy mongrels.”
[Tue Sep 18 22:21:20 2007] : (842) DM: They both turn around and go back into the office, the man muttering as he does so. They close the door, but do not lock it.
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:05 2007] : *
(802) Gitto found the F4 macro key *
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:06 2007] : *
(802) Gitto found the F5 macro key *
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:06 2007] : *
(802) Gitto found the F6 macro key *
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:08 2007] : (802) Gitto: (Done)
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:09 2007] : (802) Gitto: (Done)
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:09 2007] : (802) Gitto: (Done)
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:09 2007] : (802) Gitto: (Done)
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:16 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((haha)
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:24 2007] : (803) Sil: ((que?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:27 2007] : (842) DM: ((I think Troll has a cat or small child…?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:22:30 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((5 mo old grabbed the keyboard))
[Tue Sep 18 22:23:55 2007] : (814) Darrin: As they close their door, Darrin gives a sigh of reief as he makes his way into the Armoury (Take 10: 16 move silent). Once inside the room, he palces the papers ontop of a wooden crate and pulls his flint and steel frmo his belt pouch and attempts to light a fire.
[Tue Sep 18 22:25:29 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((thinking startign it on the 2nd floor was best… but eh, already started it!))
[Tue Sep 18 22:25:44 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((err i mean startign it on the ground floor was prolyl best…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:02 2007] : (842) DM: Carefully blowing and tending the sparks, Darrin gets a small flame going on the papers. He moves the papers around a bit, and soon has the top of the crate scorching nicely.
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:13 2007] : (860) Axis: ((Wouldn’t…the fire kill everyone?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:18 2007] : (842) DM: *burning nicely
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:27 2007] : (803) Sil: ((would be nice, but no – we haven’t blocked the door))
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:31 2007] : (803) Sil: ((but we can if you want to!))
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:34 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((We can still bring back a body!))
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:40 2007] : (842) DM: ((That’s one way to leave no witnesses…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:26:43 2007] : (803) Sil: ((remember: we were told to leave no witnesses))
[Tue Sep 18 22:27:44 2007] : (860) Axis: ((As the body is more destroyed, it will be harder to resurrect))
[Tue Sep 18 22:27:59 2007] : (814) Darrin: As the top of the crate starst to burn, Darrin attempts to pull a peice of burnign lumber off of it.. ((I wonder.. if you go invis while holding fire, does it go invis?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:06 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Bah, we’ll just need to pick it up))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:08 2007] : (842) DM: ((Remember that everyone presumeably knows what’s going on, through the Message. I should’ve planned it to give everyone else more to do, I guess.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:11 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Darrin yes))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:12 2007] : (860) Axis: ((Not unless you tuck it inside your clothes))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:16 2007] : (803) Sil: ((But the light is not invisible))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:24 2007] : (842) DM: ((The wood would, but not the light))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:30 2007] : (860) Axis: ((Wrong. Things you pick up don’t go invisible.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:39 2007] : (860) Axis: ((Not until you tuck them inside your clothes, anyway.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:40 2007] : (803) Sil: ((just means he has to use another use of hte ring))
[Tue Sep 18 22:28:47 2007] : (860) Axis: ((And I don’t think you want a burning log inside your clothes.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:29:00 2007] : (803) Sil: ((though he’s just going to toss it anyways, isn’t he?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:29:01 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((yeah, I dont…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:29:04 2007] : (860) Axis: ((Pick up a non-burning log, tuck it under your shirt, then pull it out and light it.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:29:06 2007] : (842) DM: ((He’s right))
[Tue Sep 18 22:29:35 2007] : (803) Sil: “Now, while he does this, an important question: Do we want to allow the workers to escape?”
[Tue Sep 18 22:30:02 2007] : (803) Sil: “We were told to leave no witnesses. That could be interpreted to kill those in the warehouse. If we block the doors…”
[Tue Sep 18 22:30:44 2007] : (814) Darrin: Darrin kows it is risky, But with the burning peice of wood, darrin makes his way towards the door. “Gone he says for the fourth time” as he makes his way out of the armoury, closing the door behind him. Darrin holds the burrnign wood as close ot the floor as he can making his way to the stairs ((Take 10 o nmove silent… 16 total))
[Tue Sep 18 22:31:03 2007] : (860) Axis: “I cannot condone the wholesale slaughter of these people. If they are witnesses, they see nothing except a random fire.”"
[Tue Sep 18 22:31:49 2007] : (803) Sil: “True enough. I have no objection to either course of action.”
[Tue Sep 18 22:32:18 2007] : (842) DM: Opening the door, Darrin sees one of the workers look up at what appears to be a floating, flaming piece of wood. He nudges the man nearest him, who looks up just as Darrin starts going down the stairs.
[Tue Sep 18 22:32:35 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Tic – the flaming piece of wood is invisible))
[Tue Sep 18 22:32:48 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Darrin reactivated the ring, which will turn torches, but not their light, invisible))
[Tue Sep 18 22:32:49 2007] : (842) DM: Meh. Ok then, they look up at the light))
[Tue Sep 18 22:33:05 2007] : (860) Axis: ((If the room is already well-lighted, they shouldn’t notice it easily.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:33:29 2007] : (860) Axis: ((They see the light, but not its origin.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:33:40 2007] : (842) DM: ((It’s the lower city. You can see, but I wouldn’t recommend reading without a light source nearby))
[Tue Sep 18 22:34:13 2007] : (814) Darrin: Seeign the men, Darrin bounces the wood down the stairs, in an attempt to make it look as natural as possible. ((he tried to hold it as near to the floor ro begin with…)) As he lests go of the burnign wood, he quickly makes hsi way back towards the safe room…
[Tue Sep 18 22:34:38 2007] : (842) DM: ((Uhh… it’s a stone floor…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:35:06 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Doh! lol… I was thinkign wood.. let me rephrase that :
) ))
[Tue Sep 18 22:35:19 2007] : (803) Sil: ((throw it at the wooden crates and such))
[Tue Sep 18 22:35:20 2007] : (842) DM: ((I was under the impression you were going to hit the goods with it))
[Tue Sep 18 22:35:29 2007] : (842) DM: ((‘k))
[Tue Sep 18 22:36:37 2007] : (814) Darrin: Seeing the two men notice the light, Darrin turns back towards the ledge. As he looks down at the crates, He tosses the torch towarsd them… Heading back towards the safe froom when finished… ((Doh, messed this one up.. ))
[Tue Sep 18 22:37:05 2007] : (842) DM: Darrin hurls the wood, which sails through the air and into a crate. The workers stare at it for a moment, then one yells “Run!”. The upstairs door bursts open again just as the crate of alcohol explodes, sending firey debris everywhere.
[Tue Sep 18 22:37:09 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Figured a tourch fallign frmo the 2nd floor might cause a notice.. tried ot nsneek down ot the 1st floor and light in secret.. bad Idea I guess…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:37:44 2007] : (814) Darrin: As the commotion happens, Darrin tries to make his way into the safe room as fast as possible…
[Tue Sep 18 22:37:52 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[Tue Sep 18 22:38:00 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((That was a bad move silent… ))
[Tue Sep 18 22:38:03 2007] : (803) Sil: ((awesome! Alcohol ’splosions!!!)))
[Tue Sep 18 22:38:15 2007] : (842) DM: “What the…” the human mutters as he stands there, unaware of his position between Darrin and the office he was hiding in.
[Tue Sep 18 22:38:20 2007] : (803) Sil: ((not like you need to move too silently anyways))
[Tue Sep 18 22:38:44 2007] : (842) DM: “Wizard!” one of the workers yells. “Wizard!”
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:05 2007] : (842) DM: “Wizard!” one of the workers yells. “Wizard!”
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:11 2007] : (842) DM: ((Test…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:18 2007] : (802) Gitto: tesyt
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:24 2007] : (842) DM: ((If anyone can see this, contact me over MSN))
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:28 2007] : (865) Duendao (enter): 22:39
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:55 2007] : (842) DM: ((Got it))
[Tue Sep 18 22:39:58 2007] : (856) Kungfu Joe (enter): 22:39
[Tue Sep 18 22:40:06 2007] : (842) DM: ((Ok, came flooding in))
[Tue Sep 18 22:40:26 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (860) Sithobi1…
[Tue Sep 18 22:41:03 2007] : (865) Duendao: Disconnecting from server…
[Tue Sep 18 22:41:03 2007] : (865) Duendao (exit): 22:41
[Tue Sep 18 22:41:21 2007] : (803) Sil: ((ALright, so what’s Darrin going to do now that a man is between him and the exit?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:41:23 2007] : (856) Kungfu Joe (exit): 22:41
[Tue Sep 18 22:42:01 2007] : (842) DM: The workers are trying to flee, several running towards the main door to escape the flames, now covering most of the warehouse floor.
[Tue Sep 18 22:42:17 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Aye, is it wide enough to make it around him?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:42:37 2007] : (842) DM: ((You could try. Platform’s 5 ft, there’s an orc and a human to bypass))
[Tue Sep 18 22:42:38 2007] : (802) Gitto: “should we go in… pretend we are here to help?” to the others
[Tue Sep 18 22:42:46 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil looks to the others. “We should probably use our rings now. Be silent, be gone”
[Tue Sep 18 22:43:08 2007] : (842) DM: On the outside, there is grinding noise, then the door flies open, presenting the rest of the team with eight panicked peasants.
[Tue Sep 18 22:43:10 2007] : *
(802) Gitto wishes he could find a bucket to complete the ruse *
[Tue Sep 18 22:43:12 2007] : (803) Sil: ((actually, git, that’s a horribly awesome idea… too bad I just activated my stupid ring))
[Tue Sep 18 22:43:28 2007] : (802) Gitto: “Oh… or that…”
[Tue Sep 18 22:43:56 2007] : (802) Gitto: “be gone” he says and moves in the warehouse
[Tue Sep 18 22:44:00 2007] : (802) Gitto: into
[Tue Sep 18 22:44:15 2007] : (803) Sil: Whispering, Sil speaks just loud enough for the others to hear. “Try and remain inconspicous and don’t disappear in front of anyone”
[Tue Sep 18 22:44:20 2007] : (803) Sil: ((great timing, Gitto)
[Tue Sep 18 22:44:22 2007] : (842) DM: They do not need much convincing, pushing passed the team as they bolt from the flames.
[Tue Sep 18 22:45:22 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil moves into the warehouse, trying to remain silent but not trying overly hard.
[Tue Sep 18 22:45:29 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Take ten move silently))
[Tue Sep 18 22:46:23 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((which technically you can’t do))
[Tue Sep 18 22:46:27 2007] : (842) DM: As Gitto strides into the warehouse, the human on the platform looks down at him. “Oi! Who’re you? Get out of here!”
[Tue Sep 18 22:46:46 2007] : (842) DM: ((Mmm. I did kinda wonder, being an opposed roll and all))
[Tue Sep 18 22:47:02 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((cant take 10 on anything that you can fail or when stressed))
[Tue Sep 18 22:47:42 2007] : (803) Sil: ((doh! coulda sworn you could take ten on move silently…))
[Tue Sep 18 22:47:57 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Gitto used his ring, Tic))
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:12 2007] : (842) DM: ((Oops. Musta missed that.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:15 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((certain prcls and feats you can))
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:20 2007] : (802) Gitto: “be gone” he says and moves in the warehouse
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:29 2007] : (842) DM: ((In that case, the man doesn’t comment.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:44 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((though the clomping of the warforged might give him away))
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:51 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Was darrin able to get aroudn he man, into the safe room?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:48:53 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((whenever it quiets down))
[Tue Sep 18 22:49:15 2007] : (842) DM: The place is an inferno, the scattered alcohol either blazing away at the rest of the cargo, or sizzling into nothingness on the stone floor.
[Tue Sep 18 22:49:18 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((and if the smoke gets too thick… we’ll look like voids in the cloud))
[Tue Sep 18 22:49:31 2007] : (842) DM: ((Make a Dex check, I guess, Darrin))
[Tue Sep 18 22:49:56 2007] : (842) DM: Any footsteps that might be too loud are drowned in the crackle of fire, which is almost too hot to bear.
[Tue Sep 18 22:50:00 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil tries to avoid bumping into anyone and looks for Darrin, spotting him above the smoke. “Try and get out, Darrin!”
[Tue Sep 18 22:50:33 2007] : (803) Sil: “Non-forged should be careful – you could choke on the smoke”
[Tue Sep 18 22:50:52 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((tumble?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:50:57 2007] : (803) Sil: ((is the fire hot enough to be dangerous to ‘forged?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:50:58 2007] : (842) DM: The man responds to the call. “What…” he turns to the orc. "They’re invisible! Let them out, I’ll get Hanault!"
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:10 2007] : (814) Darrin: [1d20+7] => [14,7] = (21)
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:12 2007] : (803) Sil: ((what call?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:15 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Tumble Check))
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:19 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Message, remember?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:25 2007] : (803) Sil: ((Nearly silent))
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:30 2007] : (842) DM: ((If you stick around it will be. At the moment… it’s not damaging, just painful.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:51:46 2007] : (842) DM: ((Oh, bugger.))
[Tue Sep 18 22:52:06 2007] : (842) DM: The man calls to the orc over the crackling flames.
[Tue Sep 18 22:52:17 2007] : (842) DM: “C’mon, let’s get out of here!”
[Tue Sep 18 22:52:58 2007] : (842) DM: Both turn and run towards the other locked room, the one where Darrin heard the other voices.
[Tue Sep 18 22:53:10 2007] : (803) Sil: “Let them get out of the way, Darrin”
[Tue Sep 18 22:53:19 2007] : (842) DM: Rapping loudly on it, the human yells “let us in! The damned place is on fire!”"
[Tue Sep 18 22:53:21 2007] : (803) Sil: ((though a 21 tumble should work, too))
[Tue Sep 18 22:53:26 2007] : *
(802) Gitto shimmies out of the way…. *
[Tue Sep 18 22:53:29 2007] : *
(814) Darrin makes sure to stay out of their way… *
[Tue Sep 18 22:53:33 2007] : (842) DM: ((Other side of the room, hang on, let me map it up))
[Tue Sep 18 22:54:22 2007] : (842) DM: ((Hope that’s understandable))
[Tue Sep 18 22:54:39 2007] : (842) DM: The door opens, and both men run through.
[Tue Sep 18 22:55:29 2007] : (842) DM: ((Test?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:55:36 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((I see it))
[Tue Sep 18 22:55:39 2007] : (803) Sil: ((whatup ho?))
[Tue Sep 18 22:56:20 2007] : *
(802) Gitto lets them on their way and tries to catch up *
[Tue Sep 18 22:56:30 2007] : (803) Sil: Trying to stay away from any people running about, Sil looks around, trying to find another door on this floor.
[Tue Sep 18 22:56:45 2007] : (842) DM: There are no other doors on the ground floor.
[Tue Sep 18 22:57:13 2007] : (803) Sil: “Darrin, they must have him in that last room.”
[Tue Sep 18 22:58:07 2007] : (814) Darrin: “I agree” darrin whispers across the bond.. “There are at least two men in there… a Human and an Orc”
[Tue Sep 18 22:58:27 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil begins bounding up the stairs, trying to get up before anyone leaves that room.
[Tue Sep 18 22:59:43 2007] : (842) DM: Both men have disappeared into the last room, the one on the right hand side that Darrin heard voices from.
[Tue Sep 18 23:00:19 2007] : (814) Darrin: still invisable, but for how long? Darrin heads towards the same room as the two men.. Hoping to get a peek inside othe room if they ahve not closed the doors…
[Tue Sep 18 23:00:40 2007] : (842) DM: ((The dor is closed. The office they came from is not))
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:06 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((kk.. darrin will check out their room first…))
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:14 2007] : *
(802) Gitto will try to open the closed door *
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:26 2007] : (802) Gitto: (figured I’ve caught up by now)
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:37 2007] : (842) DM: ((I need to know who’s where before I go into what’s in the rooms))
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:48 2007] : *
(860) Axis is still outside…I guess *
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:52 2007] : (842) DM: ((Or at least who was going for what room))
[Tue Sep 18 23:01:53 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil approaches the entrance to the last room and tries to hear what’s going on in it.
[Tue Sep 18 23:02:00 2007] : (803) Sil: ((outside the last room))
[Tue Sep 18 23:02:12 2007] : (803) Sil: Listen: 1d20-1
[Tue Sep 18 23:02:17 2007] : (803) Sil: Er, [1d20-1] => [3,-1] = (2)
[Tue Sep 18 23:02:18 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Darrin near the safe room, going back towards the room the ugly orc left…))
[Tue Sep 18 23:02:54 2007] : (842) DM: ((So, Darrin’s going for the unexplored office, Axis and Gitto are at the door the human/orc went into, and Axis is outside.
[Tue Sep 18 23:02:59 2007] : (842) DM: ((Plugsy?))
[Tue Sep 18 23:03:11 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((That sounds about right… ))
[Tue Sep 18 23:03:36 2007] : (803) Sil: ((I’m not sure he’s still here… kinda been absent most of the game, it seems))
[Tue Sep 18 23:03:47 2007] : (842) DM: ((Mmm… Ok))
[Tue Sep 18 23:04:01 2007] : (842) DM: ((Gitto, how are you opening the door, just turning the handle, or…?))
[Tue Sep 18 23:04:06 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((yeah, i tihnk he left to practice some.. goign ot catch next mission…))
[Tue Sep 18 23:05:12 2007] : (802) Gitto: ((sorry dealing with child))
[Tue Sep 18 23:05:22 2007] : *
(802) Gitto tries to open the door and see if its locked or not *
[Tue Sep 18 23:07:11 2007] : (842) DM: Gitto turns the handle, and the door opens, revealing a small room, which leads to a long corridor. The room is empty, save for a puddle of dark liquid on the floor in one spot.
[Tue Sep 18 23:07:56 2007] : (842) DM: The corridor is badly lit. All that can be seen is that there is a light at the end of its length, which is at least three hundred feet.
[Tue Sep 18 23:08:45 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Darrin see anything in the room they left?))
[Tue Sep 18 23:08:49 2007] : (802) Gitto: “what is this…this is a long way to go”
[Tue Sep 18 23:09:01 2007] : (842) DM: ((Oh, sorry))
[Tue Sep 18 23:09:03 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil looks down the coridoor and curses. “Lets hope our charge is on the other side of this coridoor.”
[Tue Sep 18 23:09:55 2007] : (802) Gitto: “we didn’t miss him did we?”
[Tue Sep 18 23:09:59 2007] : (842) DM: The office is mostly empty. More papers on shipments and cargo.
[Tue Sep 18 23:10:41 2007] : (803) Sil: “Darrin, we need to go down this corridor. Try and tell Axis to get up here and follow us!”
[Tue Sep 18 23:11:40 2007] : (814) Darrin: Darrin leaves the room and makes his way back towards the safe room, to stick his head out the wind to get Axis’ attention. “Axis, there is a corridor here, come inside…” he says
[Tue Sep 18 23:11:43 2007] : (803) Sil: “hopefully the fire is not too much for you two, but this is our only lead!”
[Tue Sep 18 23:12:19 2007] : (842) DM: The fire is burning fiercely. The remaining teammembers can probably get in, but they won’t be able to get back out for much longer.
[Tue Sep 18 23:12:31 2007] : *
(802) Gitto starts down the corridor… *
[Tue Sep 18 23:12:50 2007] : (802) Gitto: (he avoids the puddle… not liking things that can cause rust)
[Tue Sep 18 23:12:55 2007] : (803) Sil: “The corridor is an escape shaft, don’t worry about leaving through the warehouse!”
[Tue Sep 18 23:13:09 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil follows Gitto, similarly avoiding the puddle.
[Tue Sep 18 23:13:34 2007] : *
(860) Axis follows them. *
[Tue Sep 18 23:13:37 2007] : (803) Sil: He does, however, look for any place the puddle may have come from.
[Tue Sep 18 23:13:43 2007] : (803) Sil: [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19) Search
[Tue Sep 18 23:13:56 2007] : (803) Sil: ((er, that’s a +3, so a 20))
[Tue Sep 18 23:14:12 2007] : (814) Darrin: with Axis entering the warehouse, Darri nreturns to follow Sil down the corridor.. HIs invisability surely gone by now…
[Tue Sep 18 23:14:15 2007] : (842) DM: There is no sign.
[Tue Sep 18 23:14:46 2007] : (842) DM: Gitto heads down the corridor, the cool air a relief from the inferno they leave behind. The blackness envelops them, just the light ahead and the distant crackle of fire behind.
[Tue Sep 18 23:14:55 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil shrugs, but continues down the corridor.
[Tue Sep 18 23:14:58 2007] : (842) DM: *no sign of where it came from
[Tue Sep 18 23:15:22 2007] : (803) Sil: “Watch out for the puddle – might be something dangerous”
[Tue Sep 18 23:15:37 2007] : (842) DM: Jogging for a bit to catch up with Gitto, the team reaches the end of it at roughly the same time.
[Tue Sep 18 23:16:04 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil uses his ring again to make sure he’s invisible and pokes his head out.
[Tue Sep 18 23:16:10 2007] : (842) DM: ((Sil and Gitto’ve got maybe a minute left on invisibility. Anyone else activating it?))
[Tue Sep 18 23:16:53 2007] : (842) DM: ((No? ’k))
[Tue Sep 18 23:17:03 2007] : (814) Darrin: Darrin will stand back for a moment, let them scout out a bit…
[Tue Sep 18 23:17:13 2007] : *
(802) Gitto is trying to make good time and find the guy they are supposed to save *
[Tue Sep 18 23:17:17 2007] : (803) Sil: “Darrin, switch to your second ring when you run out of uses”
[Tue Sep 18 23:17:44 2007] : (814) Darrin: ((Actually, Darrin will switch rings for the other ring with 5 left and use it.. so 4 left on one ring and 2 left on another…))
[Tue Sep 18 23:19:08 2007] : (842) DM: Sil emerges from the corridor, onto another platform, this one a good twenty feet from the floor below him. This room is another warehouse, but it holds no crates of goods.
[Tue Sep 18 23:21:11 2007] : *
(802) Gitto starts looking around of course **
[Tue Sep 18 23:22:23 2007] : (842) DM: Thirty or so men are scattered across the floor, some standing, some lounging about. The sound of chatter and even laughter can be heard – and every single one of them is dead. Skeletons are chatting with zombies, as though they were alive and well. One zombie stands up, and where he had been sitting is a stain of dark liquid. Over the top of it all is a massive banner – the flag of Karrnath.
[Tue Sep 18 23:22:52 2007] : (803) Sil: “Well, this doesn’t look promising”
[Tue Sep 18 23:23:25 2007] : (803) Sil: Sil looks for the human and orc who left through the corridor.

[Troll]

“Is it too late to go back? I think we made a wrong turn somewhere.” Gitto says. He face shows nothing. But his voice expresses severe ’buyer’s remorse’ from coming this way.

[Langy]

Sil takes a long, hard look at the assorted zombies, skeletons, and other vile forms of un-life. “It is unfortunate we burned our bridges getting here – all we can do now is press forwards. Be careful to be silent – judging by their interactions, these skeletons don’t look to be the normal mindless undead. We will have to stay invisible as we move through the area.” Sil speaks in a low voice as he addresses the group, but he makes no move to leave the relative safety of the corridor just yet. Instead, he turns and begins looking for the orc and human they had followed here and for any doors or other ways out of the big room before them.

[Stychkn]

(OOC: Was the corridor we traveled down metal, wood or stone?)

[ticattack]

(OOC: Stone)

[Sithobi1]

While his other teammate looks for the people they followed, Axis looks for the man they were supposed to rescue, hoping to find him alive and well…

[Log]

The room the team stands above is, like the one they just came from, two levels. They stand on the platform, while about eight feet down is the level where the undead stand.
[10:46:47] (1970) Darrin: Following behind, hidden by his potion, Darrin looks for any signes of the ones they wre following or the oen they are looking for
[10:47:05] (1953) DM: There are no living beings visible, but there is one other door leading from here. It is hanging slightly ajar.
[10:47:08] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Listen Check [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
[10:48:15] whispering to Darrin, The undead are laughing about what someone called “Hanault” is going to do to “Rotrick” and “Aern”.
[10:48:18] (1959) Sil: Sil, his Message spell with Darrin and Gitto still active, looks at the door with curiosity and whispers under his breath. “Darrin, try and see what’s on the other side.”
[10:48:32] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Spot [1d20-1] => [17,-1] = (16)
[10:48:44] (1976) Gitto: “Go ahead” whispers mechanically
[10:49:21] (1970) Darrin: “OK” darrin send accross the bond as he makes his way as silent as he can towards the door trying to peer throguh it….
[10:49:56] (1953) DM: ((That mappery come through?))
[10:50:02] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Spot [1d20-1] => [6,-1] = (5), Move Silently [1d20+6] => [8,6] = (14)
[10:50:25] (1970) Darrin: ((yeah))
[10:51:34] (1953) DM: Peeking through the crack, Darrin sees another hall, though not as long as the last. Three doors are visible in the light cast by an everbright lantern. From the furthest one comes the sound of muffled argument.
[10:51:57] (1953) DM: ((Chuck your minis on the map?))
[10:53:02] (1959) Sil: Sil steps forwards quietly towards the door
[10:53:11] (1959) Sil: Skill: Move Silently [1d20] => 14 = (14)
[10:53:46] (1959) Sil: "We need to check these rooms. You check the last, I’ll see the others.
[10:54:24] (1970) Darrin: Darrin agrees as he makes his way silently down to the very last door, and lsitens at it
[10:54:40] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Listen Check [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4), Spot [1d20-1] => [15,-1] = (14), Move Silently [1d20+6] => [8,6] = (14)
[10:54:49] (1959) Sil: Sil moves through the cramped corridor, heading for the middle doors. Once reaching the middle door, Sil listens on the right hand side.
[10:54:53] (1953) DM: The undead are making enough noise, chatter and laughter, to cover up all but the most noisy intruder.
[10:55:08] (1959) Sil: Skills: Move Silently [1d20] => 8 = (8), Spot [1d20-1] => [9,-1] = (8), LIsten [1d20-1] => [1,-1] = (0)
[10:55:24] * (1976) Gitto stays out of the way *
[10:55:27] (1959) Sil: ((ouchies:/ Damned Listen))
[10:55:30] (1970) Darrin: NOt hearing much, darrin tries to hear more….
[10:55:36] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Listen Check [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[10:56:32] (1953) DM: Darrin hears a woman’s voice, berating someone. “You idiots!” she cries. “Are you that incompetent that you can’t keep a simple door locked!?”
[10:56:42] (1953) DM: Sil doesn’t hear much of anything.
[10:56:57] (1959) Sil: Sil shakes his head and tries to listen on the opposite door.
[10:57:05] (1959) Sil: Skill: Listen [1d20-1] => [15,-1] = (14)
[10:57:45] (1953) DM: There is faint banging, like wood on stone.
[10:59:09] (1970) Darrin: Darrin wispers, “There is a woman and possibly the men in here.. but I do not knwo of your target… check the locks on the other doors…”
[10:59:17] (1970) Darrin: to send it accross the bond
[11:00:00] (1959) Sil: Sil whispers quietly. “This is strange – I hear wood banging against stone. What would do that?”
[11:00:08] (1953) DM: Both of the other doors are locked, each with two locks.
[11:01:55] (1970) Darrin: “A chair, wood.. a prisoneer tryign to free himself….” Darrin sends accross the bond… “Let me unlock that door…” he says as he moves to join sil and unlock the door ((UNless sil says not too))
[11:02:22] (1976) Gitto: “thay our guy?” whispers
[11:02:28] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Listen Check [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17), Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [3,8] = (11), Move Silently [1d20+6] => [1,6] = (7)
[11:02:28] (1959) Sil: Sil nods and moves off tot he side
[11:02:54] (1970) Darrin: Failing ot open the lock, Darrin tries again…
[11:03:02] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
[11:03:44] (1970) Darrin: ((KK will keep rolling till I get a good score.. takign a 20 would be too long…))
[11:04:04] (1953) DM: Darrin fiddles with the lock, but gets nowhere.
[11:04:10] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
[11:05:14] (1953) DM: ((Nope))
[11:05:38] (1953) DM: ((What’s your modifier?))
[11:06:25] (1953) DM: ((Oh, wait. Duh. 8))
[11:06:36] (1953) DM: ((You’re not going to get it))
[11:07:16] (1959) Sil: ((suckage))
[11:07:31] (1970) Darrin: ((Ahh thanks… :-( ))
[11:07:54] (1959) Sil: Sil frowns. “Doesn’t look like this is going to work, Darrin. Maybe we should look for a key.”
[11:08:07] (1970) Darrin: “I cannot open it….” Darrin send across the bond…. “Seems finesse is not going to work.. might b tiem to ransack the room with the woman….”
[11:08:26] (1953) DM: Without warning, the door to their right flies open, and a human woman strides out, her pace rapid and her expression furious. She steps past Darrin and Sil, who have to scramble to one side to avoid her. Behind her, the orc and human scurry out, following like dogs with their tails between their legs.
[11:08:35] (1976) Gitto: (ARTIFICER add 2 synergy?)
[11:08:49] (1959) Sil: ((We have no artificer:/))
[11:09:09] (1976) Gitto: (anyone with o lock?)
[11:09:09] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Spot [1d20-1] => [19,-1] = (18)
[11:09:26] (1953) DM: She stops on the centre of the walkway, looking down at the undead. “We have intruders. You are to find them and bring them to me, preferably dead.”
[11:09:33] (1970) Darrin: ((Darrin has open lock.. it is at +8 and not working…))
[11:09:47] (1970) Darrin: ((The spot check was to see if she had a key))
[11:09:55] (1976) Gitto: (was looking to add +2)
[11:10:06] (1976) Gitto: nm
[11:10:13] (1959) Sil: Sil looks at the woman and frowns. His hands itch to attack, but he holds off and waits.
[11:10:16] (1953) DM: The woman’s clothing is loose. No key is visible, but it’s possible she has it in a pocket or something.
[11:10:25] (1970) Darrin: ((OHH i see what you mean.. by aiding me))
[11:10:29] (1976) Gitto: y
[11:10:42] (1970) Darrin: ((Did she leave her door open?))
[11:10:46] (1953) DM: ((She did.))
[11:11:08] (1970) Darrin: Seeign her door open, Darrin quickly, and silently moves into her room….
[11:11:17] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Listen Check [1d20
3] => [6,3] = (9), Spot [1d20-1] => [6,-1] = (5), Move Silently [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
[11:11:33] (1970) Darrin: ((Woot! good move silent roll))
[11:12:56] * (1976) Gitto freezes… and shrinks to one side of the hall *
[11:13:23] (1976) Gitto: ((lets see if not feeding, medicating, holding and rocking a baby improves my participation))
[11:13:34] (1953) DM: The room is, surprisingly, not an office. An expensive-looking lounge takes up the far wall, across from the door, scattered with cushions and pillows.
[11:13:40] * (1976) Gitto is ready to attack… wondering if the others are thinking the same thing… *
[11:13:58] (1976) Gitto: He’s much to worried even a whisper would give them away at this range.
[11:14:05] (1953) DM: The walls on either side hold a massive bookcase, and a wall-size Karrnath flag.
[11:14:07] * (1970) Darrin ghopes gitto does not attack with all of those undead lookign up at th ewoman…. *
[11:15:02] (1953) DM: The undead have put their various games down, and are now clambering up the walls onto the main platform.
[11:16:03] (1970) Darrin: darrin looks along the walls for a trap or secret door alogn for any keys….
[11:16:10] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Search Check [1d20+3] => [9,3] = (12)
[11:16:10] (1976) Gitto: ((as in scrambling around for us… but randomly?))
[11:16:11] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Search Check [1d20+3] => [14,3] = (17)
[11:16:21] (1953) DM: ((Pretty much.))
[11:17:05] (1959) Sil: Sil moves down into the same room as Darrin, similarly looking for any secrets, traps, or items of interest.
[11:17:18] (1959) Sil: Skills: Move Silently [1d20] => 20 = (20) Search [1d20+3] => [7,3] = (10)
[11:18:07] (1976) Gitto: ((crud baby isn’t sleeping…))
[11:18:19] (1953) DM: ((Do what you’ve got do to))
[11:18:29] (1959) Sil: ((uhoh))
[11:18:49] (1970) Darrin: ((Fdid I find anything?))
[11:19:59] (1953) DM: Neither Darrin nor Sil find a key – that being said, if it was, for example, hidden in a book, it would take far too long to search each and every one of the thousands on the wall.
[11:20:51] (1970) Darrin: “Thsi does not look good….” Darrin sends accross the bond..
[11:21:44] (1959) Sil: ((I’m having a hard time imagining how we’re going to survive this…))
[11:21:58] (1959) Sil: ((Oh, and the Hanault picture isn’t loading for me))
[11:22:11] (1970) Darrin: ((Same on both accounts!))
[11:22:37] (1970) Darrin: ((Where is the picture of axis?))
[11:23:04] (1953) DM: ((Sith may have gone kerpoof…))
[11:24:24] * (1976) Gitto slowly moves… *
[11:24:43] (1970) Darrin: ((You jsut wanted to kill us! lol))
[11:25:22] (1953) DM: ((Isn’t that a DM’s job?))
[11:26:18] (1959) Sil: Sil moves over to the far corner of the room and begins casting a spell, hoping his words would go unheard.
[11:26:26] (1959) Sil: (Detect Secret Doors)
[11:26:40] (1970) Darrin: ((nice!))
[11:26:54] (1970) Darrin: ((ohh and yeah, it is tic))
[11:27:09] (1953) DM: ((Was beginning to think you’d forgotten you had that one ))
[11:27:10] (1959) Sil: ((It also should detect hidden book-compartments))
[11:27:32] (1959) Sil: ((Naw, I was just trying not to use it because it has a Verbal component, and thus could give away our position))
[11:28:10] (1959) Sil: ((though now that we’re being surrounded, it’s a bit less of an issue))
[11:28:40] (1953) DM: As Sil’s senses expand, his eyes are drawn to a single book on the mammoth case, a leatherbound tome entiled “Karrnath: the Immortal Kingdom”.
[11:29:52] (1953) DM: As some of the undead move down the corridor the team came from, towards the flames, others begin meandering towards their current position, moving slowly and swinging their weapons about, so as to detect any invisible foes.
[11:30:07] (1959) Sil: Sil moves quickly over to the book and grabs it, pulling it down from the bookcase.
[11:30:20] (1953) DM: ((This, I think, might best be adjudicated by initiative order))
[11:30:37] * (1976) Gitto moves into the room *
[11:30:44] (1959) Sil: ((shucks))
[11:30:50] (1976) Gitto: “there coming”
[11:30:59] (1970) Darrin: Darrin [1d20+4] => [2,4] = (6) init
[11:31:00] (1959) Sil: Initiative: [1d20+2] => [12,2] = (14)
[11:31:10] (1976) Gitto: Gitto [1d20+1] => [11,1] = (12) init
[11:31:32] whispering to tic, Skeletons [1d20+2] => [14,2] = (16), [1d20] => 11 = (11)
[11:32:45] (1976) Gitto: “back up.. we will take them 1 at a time”
[11:32:46] Server Administrator→ Kicking ‘(1963) Sithobi1’ from server… Removing dead client
[11:32:46] (1963) Sithobi1 (exit): 11:32
[11:32:47] (1953) DM: Twelve skeletons crowd around behind the zombies, moving up behind the more sturdy undead.
[11:33:54] * (1970) Darrin has no problem movign away fro mthe door…. *
[11:34:31] (1959) Sil: Sil is still grabbign at the book
[11:35:04] (1953) DM: ((So, where are you positioning yourself?))
[11:35:36] (1959) Sil: ((obviously whereever the book is in the room))
[11:35:47] (1959) Sil: ((if in the front, he’ll be there – but he’d prefer to be behind Gitto))
[11:36:07] (1953) DM: Opening the book, Sil finds what he was after – a key, solid iron, cold to the touch.
[11:36:21] (1976) Gitto: (best battle formation)
[11:36:36] (1953) DM: ((Move your minis as you wish.))
[11:36:43] (1959) Sil: Sil pulls out the key, keeping the book, and moves out of the room and down the corridor to the locked rooms.
[11:37:01] (1976) Gitto: uh oh
[11:37:14] (1959) Sil: Turning to the door on his left, the one where the sounds came from, and slips int he key and turns.
[11:37:32] * (1970) Darrin follows quietly behind *
[11:37:48] (1976) Gitto: “where are you going?” w
[11:38:17] (1970) Darrin: “Following Sil…” darrin says
[11:38:25] (1953) DM: The door opens to reveal a tiny room, bare of any furniture or ornamentation – except the bruised and bleeding orc bound to the chair with metal chains.
[11:38:30] (1976) Gitto: “this is the best spot to fight”
[11:38:49] (1959) Sil: “Fighting is hardly the best idea right now – we are massively outnumbered”
[11:39:09] (1953) DM: The zombies are still advancing, single file.
[11:39:13] (1976) Gitto: (ok i dont understand the map…)
[11:39:23] (1959) Sil: Sil runs forwards and looks at the chains, trying to find if there is an easy way to open them. If they’re locked, he’ll put in the key and try and open it.
[11:39:28] (1953) DM: ((Ok, time out))
[11:39:41] (1976) Gitto: (1 hd typing is bnot helping…)
[11:39:41] (1953) DM: ((What’s up?))
[11:39:51] (1953) DM: ((S’ok))
[11:40:27] (1976) Gitto: (i feel like they going to run nto undead)
[11:40:33] (1953) DM: ((You’ve got one main corridor, 5 ft. wide, where Sill/Darrin are. There’s three rooms that run off that – you’re in one, the orc is in the other.
[11:40:44] (1953) DM: Well… they probably are. In a five foot corridor.
[11:41:07] (1976) Gitto: ok…
[11:41:10] (1970) Darrin: ((Was hopeing that the orc room was goign to be bigger! :-)
[11:41:34] (1953) DM: ((Can’t make things too easy on you ))
[11:41:52] (1953) DM: ((Troll: are you still confused, or…?))
[11:41:59] (1976) Gitto: no
[11:42:07] (1953) DM: ((Cool. Time in.))
[11:42:09] (1970) Darrin: ((HeHe.. I’ll neve accuse you of that… well, except for that level 18fighter/2 warlock we killed))
[11:43:15] (1953) DM: ((Darrin’s action))
[11:43:59] (1970) Darrin: “I need to gie you this ring..” he says to sil alogn the bond as he watches
[11:44:23] * (1976) Gitto doesnt understand but follows along *
[11:44:53] (1953) DM: ((You can just whisper, you know… You’re standing next to each other))
[11:45:16] (1959) Sil: ((heh))
[11:45:34] (1959) Sil: Sil takes the ring, but still tries to find a way to free the orc.
[11:45:57] (1970) Darrin: looking up to see the undead coming, darrin whispers along the bond to Gitto and Sil, “they might not be able to see us, but they will be on us in a moment… Gitto was right, best to fight i nthe room.. then here…”
[11:46:32] (1953) DM: The chains are tied quite tightly to the chair.
[11:46:48] (1953) DM: Another padlock secures them, but the lock is too small for the key Sil holds.
[11:47:03] (1959) Sil: “Darrin – try and untie him.”
[11:47:29] (1959) Sil: Sil moves out of the way a little and turns to the door on the opposite side of the hall and tries to open it with the key.
[11:47:44] (1970) Darrin: As dSil moves, darrin enters the room and tries…
[11:47:51] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [11,8] = (19)
[11:48:07] (1953) DM: ((‘fraid not))
[11:48:49] (1970) Darrin: HE tries one more time
[11:48:52] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18)
[11:49:13] (1953) DM: The skeletons and zombies advance another few feet.
[11:49:21] (1970) Darrin: “I need more time….” he whispers… "But those undead will be here soon… as he tries one last time
[11:49:27] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20)
[11:49:54] (1953) DM: The lock clicks open.
[11:50:00] * (1976) Gitto moves to intercept *
[11:50:16] (1976) Gitto: (if it comes to that)
[11:50:27] (1970) Darrin: "I’ve got it!" Darin whispers as he starts to take the chains off…
[11:50:32] (1959) Sil: Sil still tries to open the opposite door as he tosses the ring back to the Orc
[11:51:18] (1953) DM: “Huh?” the orc mutters as a ring suddenly materialises in his lap and his chains fall to the floor.
[11:52:36] (1953) Urdan: “Invisible…” He pulls himself to his feet, stumbling against the wall. He’s clearly injured quite badly. He puts the ring on. “What’s the word?”
[11:53:17] (1970) Darrin: "Your being rescued by the twelve.. " Darrin says still invisable.. Placing the invis ring in his hand he says "put this on and say “gone” to turn invisable…"
[11:53:24] (1959) Sil: “Urdan – hurry. Gone, man!”
[11:54:02] * (1953) Urdan nods. “Gone”. He flickers instantly from sight. *
arrin: "Your being rescued by the twelve.. " Darrin says still invisable.. Placing the invis ring in his hand he says "put this on and say “gone” to turn invisable…" (1959) Sil: “Urdan – hurry. Gone, man!” (1959) Sil: At the mention of the Twelve, Sil swats at where he suspects Darrin to be. “Do not mention out patron!” (1970) Darrin: Darrin whispers accross the bond, “He is one of our own… It should calm him…” (1998) tic (enter): 21:55 (1959) Sil: “Others could be listening, and he might not be actually our target!” (1998) Urdan: ((I got kicked. Last I saw was Urdan saying gone))
[11:56:38] (1998) Urdan: ((Thanks))
[11:57:10] (1998) Urdan: Darrin feels the orc brush against him as he exits the room. A second later, there is a gasp, followed by “Host help us… Where is our escape route?”
[11:57:52] (1970) Darrin: Darrin chuckles a bit… “THat’s the trickey part…” as he waits for Sil to unlock the 3rd door
[11:58:17] (1998) Urdan: ((Sorry, what’d you roll?))
[11:58:24] (1998) Urdan: ((Wait, key…))
[11:58:28] (1970) Darrin: ((Sil has a key))
[11:58:41] (1976) Gitto: “can you shoot? you could take my bow”
[11:59:09] (1998) Urdan: The door clicks open, revealing another winding corridor. It goes for about fifteen feet, then turns a corner to the right.
[11:59:30] (1998) Urdan: “I… I am injured, but yes.”
[11:59:51] (1970) Darrin: Peering dow nthe Corridor Darrin says “Hurry, move down it.. Sil.. Lock it after we pass…”
[12:00:06] (1959) Sil: Sil hurries into the corridor, then stops and waits for the others to pass through.
[12:01:10] (1998) Urdan: As Sil locks the door, it appears that one of the zombies has started paying attention to the area not immediately around him. “There!” comes the cry, muffled by the thick door.
[12:01:12] * (1976) Gitto hands over his bow and quiver *
[12:01:34] * (1998) Urdan fumbles about for a minute before grasping the weapon. *
[12:01:45] (1976) Gitto: ((it didn’t say “Brains….” what kind of campaign is this??))
[12:01:47] (1976) Gitto: : )
[12:02:05] (1998) DM: ((Well, you did burn your escape route. I think the zombies are outta luck))
[12:02:07] (1970) Darrin: ((did everyoen follow Darrin down the corridor?))
[12:02:19] (1970) Darrin: ((HAHA!))
[12:02:19] (1976) Gitto: (im last but I will)
[12:03:01] (1959) Sil: ((Techincally, Sil’s last – he has to lock the door, after all))
[12:03:26] (1970) Darrin: ((Gitto can take lead :-) ))
[12:04:02] (1998) DM: Round the corner, the tunnel turns to stairs – fairly steep ones. It appears that they lead beneath the level of the warehouse floor.
[12:04:54] (1970) Darrin: Darrin quickly moves down them, SKeeping his eyes open for signs of traps
[12:05:10] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Search Check [1d20+3] => [1,3] = (4), Spot [1d20-1] => [3,-1] = (2)
[12:05:19] (1970) Darrin: ((Yeah.. never mind))
[12:05:49] (1998) DM: As they descend, the sounds of wood being beaten, and splintering, come from above.
[12:05:59] (1976) Gitto: “what do you think is up here….”
[12:06:49] (1998) DM: They emerge into what looks like a magical laboratory. Vats bubble, pots boil, and rack after rack of bizarre ingredients take up a good portion of the wall.
[12:07:00] (1970) Darrin: “NOt sure what is down here.. but lets keep moving…”
[12:07:23] (1976) Gitto: “yes I agree”
[12:07:29] (1998) DM: ((Sorry, hold for one tick))
[12:07:48] * (1976) Gitto takes the last position again… *
[12:08:32] (1970) Darrin: {{How many big cauldrons are therE?))
[12:08:38] (1998) DM: Three.
[12:08:49] (1970) Darrin: Darrin enters the room, lookign for a way out…
[12:08:53] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Spot [1d20-1] => [4,-1] = (3)
[12:08:57] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Spot [1d20-1] => [7,-1] = (6)
[12:09:03] (1970) Darrin: ((ouch)
[12:09:20] (1970) Darrin: “Gitto, can you move those cauldrons in the wat of the stairs? they might slow them….”
[12:09:23] (1998) DM: Another passage lies on the opposite end of the room.
[12:09:56] (1998) DM: In the centre of the room is a large table. On it lies a dead… beast. It appears humanlike, but is eight feet tall, and like no man or giant any of the team has seen before.
[12:11:00] (1959) Sil: Sil looks around the room, his eyes focusing upon the vats of liquid. “That liquid looks dangerous…”
[12:11:03] (1976) Gitto: “I’d rather not … if it lights up in flames… we might be trapped in here”
[12:11:22] (1959) Sil: “If we can continue on out, we are trapped anyways.”
[12:11:37] (1959) Sil: "There is no way we could survive turning around at this point.
[12:12:15] (1970) Darrin: Hearign the distant sounds of the wood breaking, “I do not think we are hading back that way… but good reasoning…” he says as he walks past the fgiant dead creature… “What is that thing?”
[12:12:23] (1976) Gitto: “We just have to believe in ourselves”
[12:12:35] (1998) DM: The blows on the door above continue. More and more splintering noises come down. They are making progress.
[12:12:47] (1976) Gitto: “I’ve a few repairing potions… and I’m quite resistant to damage”
[12:12:58] (1998) Urdan: “My guess… something we don’t want to wake up.”
[12:13:10] (1970) Darrin: “Let’s head to the other passage way.. continue moving….”
[12:13:38] (1959) Sil: “Alright… though I wish we had the time to use those vats to trap the undead here.”
[12:14:34] (1959) Sil: Before leaving the room, however, Sil casts a single spell.
[12:14:37] (1959) Sil: (Detect Magic)
[12:14:49] (1959) Sil: ((want to see if there might be any goodies to steal)
[12:15:32] (1998) tic: As soon as he casts the spell, Sil wishes he hadn’t. The necromatic energy hits him like a hammer to the gut. Just about everything in the room radiates it.
[12:16:33] (1959) Sil: ((hmm))
[12:17:01] (1998) tic: The most powerful aura comes from the corpse on the slab.
[12:17:18] (1959) Sil: Sil quickly shakes his head, clearing his mind of the spell. “Nothing here for us. We should leave – and I would not trust that corpse to stay a corpse for long”
[12:17:47] (1970) Darrin: Darrin tries to ope nthe door….
[12:18:01] (1998) tic: ((No door.))
[12:18:22] (1998) tic: ((I just drew the whole room without thinking))
[12:18:27] (1970) Darrin: ((Ohh the line looked liek a door hehe))
[12:19:11] (1998) tic: The passage is dark. The lights from the lab light it for a while, but it quickly becomes pitch black. They stumble along for what seems like far too long. They hear the door finally give way, and the thudding footsteps of zombies behind them.
[12:20:07] (1976) Gitto: “we better move”
[12:20:28] (1998) tic: Finally, they reach the end – by walking into it. The tunnel ends in a stone wall. On the left is a door, a line of faint light from outside.
[12:21:22] (1970) Darrin: Darrin moves to the door with speed, checking dfor traps and listening to the door…
[12:21:32] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Listen Check [1d20+3] => [4,3] = (7), Search Check [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13), Spot [1d20-1] => [19,-1] = (18)
[12:21:41] (1959) Sil: Sil looks behind the group, trying to see if the zombies were already in the corridor following them.
[12:21:51] (1959) Sil: Skill: Spot [1d20-1] => [2,-1] = (1)
[12:22:03] (1976) Gitto: ((is our invis going to go poof sometime soon as well?))
[12:22:06] (1970) Darrin: ((And can’t see apst hsi glasses))
[12:22:16] (1959) Sil: ((yep))
[12:22:29] (1998) tic: They zombies can’t be seen, but there are footsteps thudding along – how many or how far away they are is impossible to determine.
[12:22:44] (1998) tic: ((And, for all you know, you might not be invisible any more))
[12:23:05] (1959) Sil: ((Ah – no light))
[12:23:38] (1998) tic: ((Only a faint line at the base of the door))
[12:23:52] (1970) Darrin: “Stand back….” Darrin says as he says “Gone”, thinking it’s been about enough time… (3 uses left))
[12:24:01] (1959) Sil: ((By the way, completely off-topic question – what are those little areas in hotel hallways called that have ice machines, drinks, and other such things?:/))
[12:24:02] * (1970) Darrin tries to open the door… *
[12:24:16] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [7,8] = (15)
[12:24:25] (1998) tic: ((Resteurants? Minibars?))
[12:24:44] (1998) DM: Darrin fiddles with the lock, but to no avail.
[12:24:45] (1959) Sil: ((shrug Maybe just Alcoves? It’s for a map I’m labeling right now))
[12:25:05] (1976) Gitto: ((ice machine cubbies))
[12:25:15] (1976) Gitto: ((vending machine area))
[12:25:16] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12)
[12:25:17] (1970) Darrin: Skills: Open Lock Check [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24)
[12:25:23] (1970) Darrin: Darrin keeps trying…
[12:25:28] (1998) DM: ((Fail, fail.))
[12:25:37] (1998) DM: The sounds of zombie footsteps draw ever closer.
[12:25:44] (1959) Sil: Sil steps forwards and tries to stick the key in the lock
[12:26:09] (1998) DM: The lock clicks open.
[12:26:44] (1976) Gitto: “in in in” he whispers urgently
[12:27:03] (1959) Sil: Sil pushes the door open while whispering ‘Gone’
[12:27:12] (1970) Darrin: Darrin listens as he keeps moving…
[12:27:14] (1998) DM: “In, in, in” becomes “out, out, out”. Pushing the door open, Sil steps out into the Lower City. Looking about, he sees the skycoach hovering on the storey above them.
[12:27:41] (1959) Sil: ((can the skycoach fit down onto this level?))
[12:28:04] (1970) Darrin: As they all exit the building darrin says," Lock it again.."
[12:28:10] (1998) DM: ((You’re on a balcony. There’s no dock visible, but you could board it.))
[12:28:30] (1998) DM: ((In much the same way you can board a rowboat from a pier a couple feet above it))
[12:28:59] (1959) Sil: Sil smacks Gitto on the side, dispelling his invisibility as he yells out towards the boat captain. “Come down here! We need on, NOW!”
[12:29:29] (1959) Sil: As Gitto and Urdan exit the hallway, Sil locks the door behind them, then pockets the key.
[12:30:20] (1998) DM: For a second, nothing happens, then the captain’s head peers over the edge of the ship, before vanishing again. The ropes tying the boat to the dock are pulled in, and it begins to turn around and descend.
[12:31:00] (1998) DM: The ship is just level with the team when the first blow comes from behind the door.
[12:31:39] (1959) Sil: Sil looks at Urdan and yells “Hurry!” as he pushes the Orc towards the ship first.
[12:31:42] (1970) Darrin: As the ship gets closer darri nwastes no time getting on board, Still invisable…
[12:31:42] (1998) Captain: “Quick getaway, huh?” he says as he helps pull the injured Orc on board.
[12:32:00] (1970) Darrin: “I’m on…” he says
[12:32:12] (1959) Sil: Sil jumps onto the boat after Urdan, then turns and reaches his hand out to help Gitto
[12:32:42] * (1976) Gitto scrambles on *
[12:34:05] (1998) DM: As Sil helps Gitton on board, the door flies open, and zombies spill out like ants. The boat sluggishly pulls away from the tower.
[12:34:25] (1959) Sil: Sil turns and slaps the captain on the back. “Let’s hustle out!”
[12:34:57] (1970) Darrin: To help keep them at bay, Darrin sends a blast after the first of the Zombies to burst out form the door…
[12:35:03] (1976) Gitto: “that was… very fortunate”
[12:35:07] (1970) Darrin: Attacks: Eldritch Blast [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23), Damage [1d6] => 1 = (1)
[12:35:12] (1959) Sil: Sil looks back at the zombies, a look of triumph on his face – soon, they will be completely out of reach of the undead hordes
[12:35:20] (1998) DM: One zombie leaps for the boat, only to be knocked into the gaping maw of the city by an invisibility-breaking punch from Urdan.
[12:35:31] (1998) DM: And with that, they are away from the tower. Safe.
[12:35:36] * (1970) Darrin smiles as it hits and as they pull away… *
[12:36:20] * (1970) Darrin says “That was… Interseting…”as he turns to Urdan… “Let’s get you home now…” *
[12:36:27] (1976) Gitto: "now all we have to do is survive the trip ‘home’
[12:36:55] (1959) Sil: “Indeed. The Dragon Towers, my good pilot!”
[12:37:04] * (1998) Captain nods, *
[12:37:06] (1970) Darrin: “we should be able to go invisable all the way once we get dropped off…”
[12:37:27] (1998) Urdan: “So. You are the new team, I take it?”
[12:38:21] (1959) Sil: Sil nods as he sits down on the boat’s railing, feigning fatigue. “That we are. Any comments or criticisms on how we broke you out?”
[12:39:17] * (1998) Urdan shakes his head. “You handled yourselves well. Perhaps an escape plan that does not rely on finding keys inside would be nice, I suppose.” *
[12:39:29] * (1976) Gitto laughs a metallic rumble *
[12:39:47] (1970) Darrin: ((haha.. looking abck I can see how we did not do what you thought we woudl do… lol…))
[12:40:48] * (1970) Darrin remains quiet in the back… “An escape plan is helpful.. But knowledge of the place were influltrating would have helped too….” *
[12:40:50] (1959) Sil: ((yeah))
[12:41:12] * (1998) Urdan leans back. “I don’t know how they managed to hide themselves for so long. A unit of Karrnathi undead, in Sharn? The War may not be as dead we’d thought.” *
[12:41:26] * (1998) Urdan seems to be talking more to himself than the others. *
[12:42:05] (1959) Sil: Sil frowns. “That was most troubling – I was expecting criminals, not hordes of the undead. I must admit we are not equipped to handle such a threat.”
[12:42:23] * (1970) Darrin says "Yes, I can see why the powers that be were so concerened on retrieving you back… You knowledge must be extensive… " *
[12:42:35] (1976) Gitto: “yeah that last thing and those vats… that might be a harbinger of undead things to be reckoned with”
[12:43:20] Server Administrator→ Kicking ‘(1953) tic’ from server… Removing dead client
[12:43:21] (1953) tic (exit): 12:43
[12:43:40] * (1998) Urdan waves away the semi-compliment. “Experience, nothing more. In any case, we need to report on what we saw, and work out what to do next.” *

[Sithobi1]

“First, I should heal you…You look rather injured. Is anyone else in need?”
Private Content for:
Vigor for 10 HP, then…
Dice Roll: 2d10
d10 Results: 2, 6 (Total = 8)
of healing from the stick.
Axis reaches out for the orc, then seems to wince in pain as the man’s wounds disappear.

[Langy]

Sil shakes his head. “I am uninjured. We managed to avoid any direct confrontations – I do believe that only Urdan was injured. Luckily, we are heading for the House Jorasco enclave where they are set to heal Urdan, though I am sure he appreciates you alleviating his pain.”

[Troll]

“Yes. I do not believe anyone got injured. I think we will all look forward to getting to the enclave.”

“I am sure the superiors will want to debrief you Urdan, so once we arrive we may part ways. At that time I will wish you well and hope to work with you in the future. And I will want my bow back as well… I am sure you will be able to reprovision yourself adequately.”

[Stychkn]

Darrin rides quietly on the boat as they make their way to their destination. His thoughts wandering to the undead they escaped and the undead creature that was laid out in that room.

[ticattack]

Urdan grunts a little as the healing magic runs through him. “Thankyou.” he says, repeating himself as he hands the bow back to Gitto.


The boat sails through lower city, finally emerging into the middle levels, where light and basic hygiene are not in such short supply. Finally, they arrive at the House Jorasco enclave, the captain flying past the pier out front and docking the boat by a balcony around the back and one floor up. As he helps Urdan out of the boat, four halflings emerge, a stretcher in tow, levitating two feet off the ground. Urdan waves dismissively at the stretcher, and begins limping inside, giving the team a last wave as he goes. The halflings follow, none of them having said a word.

After they have left, the captain turns to the team. “Alright then. Where to now?”

[Troll]

That is an excellent question. he pauses to think things over.

“Probably to relay the particulars of the mission.”

“Either that… or go back and help put that fire out. If it spreads we’d be responsible for a lot of misery. I highly doubt the powers that be would care much about a slummy section of a seedy area goes up in flames as long as they aren’t affected.” a hint of guilt comes through his metallic soundbox.

[Langy]

Sil shrugs. “I see no reason to help with the fire. We are not trained firefighters, we have no water magics, and we would get nothing for helping out in our own little impotent way. We should report our mission’s success and claim our reward.”

[Stychkn]

IT seems Sil and Darrin finally agree, “yes, there is nothing to be gained by going back except blame and possible capture. We should report of Urdan ’s safe return to House Jorasco and of the undead we saw there. I would not be surprised if they knew of it already, but it is too worrisome to not report about.”

[ticattack]

The captain nods. “Alright then.” he spins the wheel, and the ship turns towards Alloran’s.


Wir, 4th Olarune, 998 YK

Tomai is not there when they arrive. They are seated, and the waitress (an fairly plain half-elven lass by the name of Elie) makes a show of taking their order. Fifteen minutes after they arrive, the door opens and Tomai walks in, moving straight to the back room. Elie watches him, then catches the team’s eye, motioning her head towards the back room, telling them to go through.

Tomai is shrugging off his jacket when they enter, draping it over a coat rack that stands in the corner. He turns as they enter, smoothing out a few creases in his clothing. Again, he wastes no time with small talk, not bothering to offer seats or even sit down himself. “So? What happened?”

[Troll]

“Well… mission accomplished. We got Urdan back and sadly we did not even get to fight anyone. There are a lot of undead there… if they did not get consumed in the fire.” he gives up a brief synopsis.

“Did you want those rings back? There are a few charges left on all of them.”

[ticattack]

“Yes.” Tomai says, distractedly. “Leave them on the table. Now, did you just say undead? Doing what? How many?”

[Shtychkn]

Placing his ring on the table Darrin shrugs, “Almost Gone” he thinks as he sets it down. “There was near twenty or more. Enough to raise alarm. Even more troubling was the Karrnath flag in the leaders office and the lab where she did her unnatural experiments. There was a foudl looking beast on the table…”

[Troll]

“Yes. There were two scores of undead or more. We might have not seen all of them. They controlled by their handlers and trying to find us while we were invisible.”

“Plus. As Darrin said. They seemed have made or be trying to make something really horrendous.” he elaborates.

[Langy]

Sil takes off his hat and begins twirling it in his hands as he listens to the team’s answers. “The most troubling thing I noticed was that the undead didn’t act like any undead I’ve heard of – they were carousing about as if they were alive. Very odd indeed. The monster in the lab was also quite disturbing.”

[Sithobi1]

Removing his unused ring from his finger, Axis looks over at the group. “Are there not free-willed undead in many places? After all, I have heard tales of undead Elves governing nations…”

[ticattack]

“Elves don’t run this nation.” Tomai mutters. “Did you get any names? Or see any clue of who’s behind this?”

[Stychkn]

“Well it seems the Karrnath have something to do with it. I am sure the man we rescued has more detailed information.”

[Langy]

Sil shakes his head. “We found no names, only several references to Karrnath. I have a book they hid a key inside taken down from their bookshelves, but other than that we took nothing from the place besides our target.”

[ticattack]

The though of an enemy nation building a small army within Breland’s heart could be expected to elicit some fear or concern. It doesn’t. Tomai actually smirks, and gives a little relieved chuckle. “Karrnath. Of course it’s Karrnath.” His relief fades into a sigh. “Very well. I’ll tell those that need to be told.” He turns to Sil. “If I could have that book and key, we may be able to divine something from them.”

“Again, you’ve done better than I had expected. You’ve earned this.” he says, reaching from his jacket and producing five pouches, jingling with coins.

(500 gp each)

[Troll]

“We are just glad we succeeded. Though I still would have liked to have taken the heads off a few of our foes.” Gitto takes his sack of coins.

“Coins.. I wonder what I should save up for.” he thinks.

Comments

ticattack

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.